Generally, Vizio TVs are excellent TVs with high-quality designs. However, an aspect of their design choice doesn’t entirely sit right with us – the sometimes extreme buttonlessness of the TVs
Many Vizio TV owners are often convinced that their models do not have physical volume buttons because of how Vizio designs them. They either position them in unconventional spots, or they design them to blend too well with the TV’s surface.
If you are one of the users who can’t find the volume buttons on their Vizio TV, this article will help you locate them. So, where is the volume button on a Vizio TV located?
While it may be difficult to locate, your Vizio TV will almost certainly have a volume button. You will often find the volume button on your Vizio TV in one of two places.
You can find the volume button on:
- The lower left backside of the Vizio TV.
- The lower right backside of the Vizio TV.
However, if your Vizio TV is an old model, you should be able to locate the volume buttons on one of the side bezels of the TV or the front panel.
You can check the TV manual guide if you still have issues locating the volume button on your Vizio TV.
Another thing worth noting is that your Vizio TV could be one of the few models that don’t feature physical volume buttons. Regardless, your Vizio TV will have at least one physical button, which is often rare.
TV manufacturers have been considering using fewer buttons because too many tend to disturb the sleekness they hope to achieve with the TV design.
As a result, the type of button set you get depends on your Vizio model. Most models have other buttons for channels, volume, and input modes, while some have just one button for Power and Menu.
In other words, the number of buttons your Vizio TV features depends on the model. While some models feature more buttons, some feature just one.
There are different ways you can turn up the volume on your Vizio TV without the TV remote. Here are a few you could try:
If you can locate the volume buttons on your Vizio TV, you can use them to increase the volume. In most cases, the volume buttons on your Vizio TV would be present on the back of the TV.
You should remember that the exact location of the volume button varies depending on the TV model. However, if you can’t find the volume button on a Vizio TV, you will have to use another method to turn up the volume on your Vizio TV.
If your smartphone features IR blaster support, you can use it as a remote for your Vizio TV.
If your smartphone doesn’t have an IR-blaster, you can download the SmartCast app on android and iPhones. The SmartCast app allows you to connect your TV to your phone, tablet, or PC if you can’t seem to find the volume button on a Vizio TV.
Follow the steps below if you want to use the SmartCast app to turn up the volume of your Vizio TV.
- STEP 1: Download and install the SmartCast app from an app store.
- STEP 2: After installing the SmartCast app, open it and log in with your Vizio ID and Password.
- STEP 3: Once you log in, you will be able to see a list of devices SmartCast supports.
- STEP 4: Select your Vizio TV from the list and wait for a few seconds.
- STEP 5: After a few seconds, a four-digit code will appear on your TV. Enter the number into the SmartCast app on your phone to pair it with the TV.
Now you will be able to control the TV with your phone, and you will be able to turn up the volume without needing to use the volume button on a Vizio TV.
A universal remote can control different devices. Make sure to get a universal remote that is compatible with your Vizio TV brand. You can use it to turn up the volume of your TV without using the volume button on a Vizio TV.
You can reset your Vizio TV without the remote in different ways. We will discuss them here:
- Follow the steps below to perform a soft reset on your Vizio TV without the remote:
- STEP 1: Disconnect your TV plug from the power source and wait 1 minute.
- STEP 2: After 1 minute, press and hold the power button for 30 seconds.
- STEP 3: Plug the TV back into the power source and turn ON your television.
You have successfully done a soft reset on your Vizio TV.
- Follow the steps below to perform a hard reset on your Vizio TV without the remote:
- STEP 1: Press the power button on the back of the TV to turn it ON.
- STEP 2: Press and hold the “Input” and “Volume Down” buttons simultaneously for 10-15 seconds.
- STEP 3: A prompt will display on your Vizio TV asking if you want to reset the TV. Press the input button to reset.
- STEP 4: Your Vizio TV will restart and automatically delete all your current data.
- STEP 5: Your Vizio TV is now back to factory settings.
- You can use the SmartCast app to reset your Vizio TV hard if your TV doesn’t have physical buttons. Here is how to perform a hard reset on your Vizio TV using the SmartCast app:
- STEP 1: Download and install the SmartCast app on your smartphone.
- STEP 2: Open the SmartCast app and log in with your Vizio ID and Password.
- STEP 3: Search for nearby devices on the app, and then select your TV.
- STEP 4: Once you select your TV, a four-digit code will appear on your Vizio TV.
- STEP 5: Enter the code into your SmartCast app.
You will now be able to use the app in place of your TV remote.
- STEP 6: Using your smartphone as a remote through the SmartCast app, go to “Settings,” then to “System.”
- STEP 7: Inside the “System” settings, go to “Reset and Admin” then select “Reset TV to Factory Defaults.” If, at any point, the TV asks for a code, fill in ‘0000′ as the code.
- STEP 8: Your Vizio TV will restart and delete all your data.
There are different ways to turn ON your Vizio TV, just like you can if there is no volume button on a Vizio TV. We’ve highlighted these methods in the section below.
You can always turn on your Vizio TV using the power button on the TV itself. In most cases, a Vizio TV’s power button is always somewhere behind the TV.
You can turn ON your Vizio TV through your PlayStation 4 console. However, you will need to configure some settings before you can do that.
- STEP 1: Use an HDMI cable to connect your PS4 console to your Vizio TV.
- STEP 2: Start your console and go to “Settings.”
- STEP 3: Select “System” from the list of options.
- STEP 4: Scroll down to the “Enable HDMI Device Link” option and then tick the checkbox.
- STEP 5: After you complete this configuration, your Vizio TV will automatically turn ON whenever you turn ON your console.
Here is how to use a Nintendo Switch to turn ON your Vizio TV:
- STEP 1: Use a dock to connect your Nintendo Switch console to the Vizio TV.
- STEP 2: Open the “System Settings” on your Nintendo.
- STEP 3: Select TV Settings in the left column.
- STEP 4: Scroll down the list of options and select “Match TV Power State” to turn it ON.
- STEP 5: Once you restart your console, your Vizio TV will power ON.
Yes, you can use your smartphone as a remote for your Vizio TV, but your smartphone must have an IR blaster support feature.
If you don’t have a remote, you can press “ok” on your Vizio TV by pressing the two physical volume buttons on the body of your Vizio TV.
You can also consider downloading SmartCast on your smartphone to use your smartphone as a remote for controlling the TV.
Vizio TVs are always beautiful, thanks to their cutting-edge designs. It is therefore understandable that the manufacturers always keep the physical button concealed so they don’t interfere with the TV’s design scheme.
Now that you know how to find the physical buttons, you should be able to locate them whenever something happens to your remote, and in case you don’t find a volume button on a Vizio TV, we have shared some alternatives.