Do you need an effective fix for the “message blocking is active” popup that keeps appearing on your iPhone and Samsung devices? If the answer is yes, then you are on the right page.
However, before you get these fixes, we will do well to explain what the “message blocking is active on iPhone” message means and how to fix it.
What Is “Unable to Send Message – Message Blocking Is Active” On iPhone and Samsung?
If you receive the “Message blocking is active” error on your iPhone or Samsung when you try to send a message, it could mean different things. First, it could mean that you have added that number to your smartphone list of blocked or blacklisted numbers.
It could also be the other way round, i.e., the receiver has added your number to their blocked or blacklisted numbers list.
Another thing you should consider is that your carrier network may have deactivated your SIM, or your SIM network may be temporarily inactive.
In the succeeding paragraphs, we will discuss more reasons why message blocking is active on iPhone and Samsung devices.
1. Either you or the receiver has blocked the other person’s number
As we mentioned earlier, blocking is the main reason you may get this error. If you have blocked the supposed recipient or if the recipient has blocked your number, you may get the “Message blocking is active” error on your iPhone or Android.
2. The contact’s number is on your blacklist
If you have added the person’s number to the blacklist in your contact book, you will not be able to send a message to the number. This can also be why you are getting the “Message blocking is active” error on your iPhone or smartphone.
3. Incompatible network service plan
If your service plan doesn’t support messaging, you may get the “Message blocking is active” error on your iPhone or Android. For example, if you subscribed for mobile data only, you would not be able to send text messages with that same plan.
4. You have disabled premium message access
If you have disabled premium messaging on your phone, you may get the error when you try to send a premium SMS message.
How to Turn OFF “Message Blocking Is Active” On iPhone – Best Options to Try
Here are some processes you can follow to turn off the “Message blocking is active” error on your iPhone.
Fix 1: Check if you’ve entered the correct recipient information
You may have saved the wrong recipient information. So, you should check to confirm that you did not make any mistakes when you saved the recipient’s information.
Check the recipient’s phone number and email to see if there is an error. Correct the errors if there are any.
Fix 2: Remove the number from your blocked list
Check if the number is on your blocked list. If it is, you should remove the number from your blocked list.
Follow this process to check if the number is on your blocked list:
- STEP 1: Go to the “Settings“
- STEP 2: Tap on “Messages“
- STEP 3: Tap on “Blocked” to see the list of numbers in your blocked list.
- Remove the number from the blocked list.
Fix 3: Check if you have enough storage space on your phone
You may find sending messages containing pictures and videos difficult if you have low storage space. So try deleting the media files you no longer need if you run low on storage space.
Fix 4: Turn your iMessage OFF
Since you have the iMessage and the regular texting app on an iPhone, try turning the iMessage Off as it may be the cause of the error. Follow the steps below to turn off your iMessage.
- STEP 1: Go to “Settings“
- STEP 2: Choose the “Message” option.
- STEP 3: Turn OFF the iMessage option.
Once you’ve turned your iMessage off, send a regular text message. If you can successfully send the message, the issue is from your iMessage.
Fix 5: Check your network connection
Since you now know that the issue is from your iMessage, the first thing you need to check is the strength of your network connection. Next, check if your other apps are working fine.
If they are not, then you probably have a bad network signal. You can turn your phone’s Airplane mode on and off, or you can simply restart the phone.
Fix 6: Update your iPhone to the latest IOS
If the IOS you use on your iPhone is outdated, you should consider updating it. Follow the process below to update your iPhone’s IOS.
- STEP 1: Go to “Settings“
- STEP 2: Choose “General“
- STEP 3: Tap on “Software Update” to see if your iPhone is up to date. If it is not, you can update it from the current screen.
Fix 7: Try a Factory Reset
Your last resort would be to reset your iPhone. Resetting your phone will almost definitely fix the issue. However, you should back up your personal information before resetting your phone.
This is because the factory reset will wipe all information on your phone. After backing up your files to an external source, you can follow the steps below to reset your iPhone to factory settings:
- STEP 1: Open the “Settings” app.
- STEP 2: Tap on the “General” option.
- STEP 3: Choose the “Reset” option.
- STEP 4: You will need to confirm your phone number, phone code, and apple id password.
- STEP 5: Wait for your iPhone to reboot and set it up for use.
Read also: Fixed: This Person Is Unavailable on Messenger but Not Blocked
How to Turn Off Message Blocking Is Active Lycamobile
Here are some things you can do to turn off the “message blocking is active” error on Lycamobile:
- If you do not have enough credit, visit the Lycamobile website and purchase a plan. You can fix the issue if you buy a plan that’s as little as $19.
- If you still can’t send messages, turn off your WiFi and try again.
- Take out your Lycamobile SIM and insert it into another device. Most times, SIM-related issues can be related to the device you are trying to use. So, inserting the SIM into another device may help.
- Another thing you can do is to switch your network settings to Lycamobile’s recommended settings. To do that:
- STEP 1: Go to your phone’s “Settings.”
- STEP 2: Tap on “Networks.”
- STEP 3: Select the “Mobile” option.
- STEP 4: Tap on “Networks.”
- STEP 5: Select “Access Point Name.”
- STEP 6: Input and save the Lycamobile recommended settings.
- Lastly, check if your device works with the Lycamobile preferred message centre settings. Follow the steps below to do that.
- STEP 1: Go to the “Messages” app on your phone.
- STEP 2: Go to “Message Settings“
- STEP 3: Select “Sending Profiles“
- STEP 4: Tap on “Menu“
- STEP 5: Select “Messages.”
- STEP 6: Click on “Message Settings“
- STEP 7: Tap on “Sending Profiles“
- STEP 8: Tap the first profile to see if the figures match the most recent Lycamobile message centre
If you still can’t resolve the issue, call the Lycamobile message centre on 1-845-301-1612.
How to Turn OFF Message Blocking Is Active on Metro
If you keep getting the “message blocking is active” error on your Metro Pc, here are some fixes you can try.
- The most common reason why people often get the “message blocking is active” error on their Metro Pcs is because their current plan doesn’t support messaging.
- Hence, you can quickly fix the issue by upgrading your plan or subscribing to one that allows you to access the messaging feature.
- Check your SIM card to make sure it works perfectly. You can take it out of your device and insert it into another to confirm that it doesn’t have any issue.
- Perform a network reset because your message preferences or network may be malfunctioning.
- Contact Metro Pcs and request a refresh of your smartphone and sim card’s message features.
Read also: “There Is an Active Subscription on This Account” Best iPhone Fixes
How to Turn OFF Message Blocking Is Active on Samsung and Other Android Phones
You can consider the fixes below to resolve the “message blocking is active” error on your Samsung and other Android smartphones.
- Enable premium SMS on your Samsung phone. The first fix you can try if you want to resolve the “message blocking is active” error on your Samsung is to enable premium messaging. Follow the process below to do that:
- STEP 1: Go to your “Settings”
- STEP 2: Go to “Apps”
- STEP 3: Select the “Use the premium text message services” option.
- STEP 4: Click the three dots at the top right corner of your screen.
- STEP 5: Select the APP, and a popup will appear asking for permission setting. Choose the “Always Allow” option.
- Swap your SIM card for another. Take out your SIM card and try using a different one. If you find out that you can now send messages, the issue is most likely a SIM-related one.
- Check if the number you are trying to text is not in your list of blocked numbers. To check your list of blocked numbers:
- STEP 1: Open your phone app.
- STEP 2: Tap on the more option (three vertical dots).
- STEP 3: Tap on “Settings.”
- STEP 4: Tap on “Blocked numbers.”
- STEP 5: You will see a list of your blocked numbers. If the number you are trying to text is on the list, remove the number.
- You also need to find out if the person you want to text has not blocked you. Try calling the person’s number.
If you cannot place a call through to them, they may have blocked you. If that is the case, you won’t be able to message them. See if you can get the person to unblock you.
If you are having issues with the “message blocking is active” error on your iPhone or Android, we hope this article has been of help to you.
Whenever you get the error on your smartphone, do not panic, you can quickly try the fixes we discussed.