I remembered downloading a couple of videos on my phone from Facebook recently, and when I decided to watch them on my phone, I couldn’t find them. I wondered how I could find these saved videos on my phone, and while I had my way around and later found these videos, I imagined just how many of you are having similar issues.
I decided to put this guide together to share helpful tips, some things that helped me find saved videos on my phone, what you should do and where to look if you have downloaded pictures on your Samsung, Android, and iPhones.
How to Find Saved Videos on My Phone
The videos recorded by your phone camera are saved in the same folder as the camera photos, which can be found at /storage/emulated/DCIM/Camera.
If you can’t find any videos after connecting your Android smartphone to your PC, see if it’s connected through PTP mode, which allows you to only see photos and videos in the DCIM folder if the downloaded videos won’t show up. Then, choose MTP mode as the USB option to see all files on your Android device on your PC.
Depending on the settings, video captured with Camera (a standard Android app) is saved to a memory card or phone memory. The photo location is always the same: DCIM/Camera folder.
Or go to your usual gallery and search for the video in the video section.
How to Find Saved Videos on iPhones
When you take a video with your iPhone, it appears in Photos, the same app you keep your photos.
Videos saved from other apps (for example, WhatsApp chats) are usually saved to Photos; however, some apps may provide you with alternative options (iCloud Drive, Google Drive, and so on).
What about videos you’ve downloaded to your iPhone?
If you’re using iCloud storage,
- Go to Settings >> General >> Storage & iCloud Usage
- Open Manage Storage
- Open iCloud Photo Library
If iCloud storage is unavailable, you have two options:
You can decide to check your photos or connect your charger to iTunes, then synchronize it from the top menu and go to the DCIM folder.
If a video was sent to you as a message, you might need to find the saved video on your iPhone. Here is what you need to do.
- Open your messaging app to access the video; you can save it to your Camera Roll by clicking the “Share” icon in the top right-hand corner.
If the preceding procedures fail, go to your regular gallery and look for the video in the video section.
For the root directory of your file, click on the “i” icon.
Our final suggestion would be to perform a reset, don’t worry, no data will be lost, and then try saving once again to see if it appears in your camera roll.
Press and hold the Home and Power buttons simultaneously until the Silver Apple appears, then reboot to reset your phone.
When the Home screen appears, try saving another video and see if it appears in your Camera Roll.
How to Find Facebook Saved Videos on Android
- On your Android or iPhone, open the Facebook app.
- To access the Facebook menu, click the burger icon in the right corner of your screen.
- Tap the “Saved” button, which has a pink and purple ribbon icon on the menu option.
- You will see all the saved videos. In addition, you can click “See All” under “Recently Saved Videos” to discover a specific video.
- Now, touch on the “All” dropdown menu on the top right of the screen.
- Select Videos from the pop-up menu.
Where Are My Saved Videos on My Samsung Phone?
From the Home screen, tap the Apps icon >> then the Apps tab. If needed, find the Gallery app, click on it, and tap the album you want. Next, tap the video you want to watch. Finally, tap Photos or Videos, then tap Always or Just Once to begin the video playback.
If you need to locate videos saved on your Samsung phone that will be transferred to another device, such as a computer;
- Swipe up from the bottom of the screen to access the Android app drawer.
- Locate and tap the My Files (or File Manager) icon. If you don’t see it, tap the Samsung icon, containing several smaller icons, one of which is My Files.
- Select “Downloads” from the My Files app. You should be able to see all of your downloaded files.
Can I Watch My Saved PS4 on My Phone?
Yes, however, you won’t be able to access the PlayStation 4 Capture Gallery from your phone. The Capture Gallery can only be accessed when the PlayStation 4 is turned ON. However, you may transfer those files to your computer via a USB device and transfer them to your phone.
First, you need to find a way to send the clips to your phone.
You’ll need a few things to get started:
- Flash drive
- USB cable
- A computer
METHOD 1: Using a Computer and Flash Drive
Connect the flash drive to the PlayStation 4. Navigate to the videos you want to send in your capture gallery. Select something along the lines of “Copy media to mass storage device” by pressing the settings button. Wait while you choose the videos you want to watch.
The PS4 will create a PS4 folder under which videos and screenshots will be stored, subsequently sorted by game. After it’s finished, remove the flash drive (no need to eject anything) and insert it into your computer. Next, connect your phone to the PC as well. Copy or cut the files from your flash drive into your phone’s selected folder, then find it in your gallery or video on your phone storage and watch.
Read also: What Does Calling Restrictions Mean?
METHOD 2: Usage of USB Mass Storage
Older Android phones may be used as a USB Mass Storage Device, which means most devices will recognize it as a flash drive. As a result, you may connect your phone to the PS4 and copy videos as if they were a flash drive. It will generate a PS4 folder on your device, which you can then move around with a file manager.
Another option to watch your PS4 on your phone is through YouTube.
Using the Share button on your PlayStation 4, you may upload gameplay videos directly to YouTube. Follow these procedures if you wish to post your PlayStation 4 gaming videos to YouTube.
- Hit the Share button on your PS4 controller and select Upload Video Clip from the menu.
- Then, Select YouTube as the location for the video you want to upload.
- Trim the start or endpoint here, then add a title, description, and tags.
- You should double-check your privacy settings and ensure you’re uploading to the right channel.
- Finally, choose Share.
These methods will assist you in uploading your PlayStation 4 gameplay footage to YouTube. Your video will now begin to upload. You may also check the status of your uploads by going to the notifications page on your PS4. After your video has been uploaded, you can go on YouTube using your phone and watch it.